I've paid my deposit/admin free for my course and now I want to pay the rest of the fee. Can I pay on the day of the Course?
You can no longer pay on the day of the course. The remaining balance is payable before registration and must be paid at least 14 calendar days before the course/s start. Payment can be made by contacting us Monday to Friday and you can pay by debit/credit card (telephone only), by PayPal (we can e-mail you a request) or by cheque. Cheques are payable to Aromantic Ltd. We cannot guarantee your place on the course if you do not pay before arrival at the course.
I am a qualified, professional holistic therapist. Will your courses give me an additional qualification?
Aromantic's courses are flexible 1-day post-graduate training modules that are an ideal way for you to expand your personal and therapeutic knowledge base, enhancing your CV, making you more employable and opening up new opportunities.
As skin care industry leaders, we are not assessed by any other organisations and our courses are not formally recognised by any awarding bodies, so you do not receive an additional formal qualification by attending our courses. You do receive a certificate of completion for each day that you complete and you can earn CPD (Continuous Professional Development) points by completing our courses. We rate each 1-day course as 5 CPD points. Please refer to your own professional membership body/association for further details on points awarded. In addition, for insurance purposes, there are some UK insurers who will automatically insure you if you have Aromantic course certificate/s of completion.
Aromantic, as well as our course facilitators, Kolbjorn Borseth and Mike Harmon are highly regarded globally and we have customers from all over the world attending our courses. Whilst you are of course already qualified in your field to work to industry standards, our flexible training modules will give you a competitive edge.
Formalising qualifications would not only be difficult as we are industry leaders in natural skin care but it would also mean a lot more administration time and it would decrease the flexibility of the modules that we provide so we have preferred to keep our courses at a post-graduate 'Continuing Professional Development' level to continue making the courses affordable and accessible to all - many of our students simply want to make products for their own enjoyment and we don't want to exclude anybody.
I cannot attend a course I have booked, can I transfer to another course at a later date?
No, sorry but we no longer offer transfers to a later course if you find that you are unable to attend a course. We made this decision reluctantly in the summer of 2011 because we have simply had too many students requesting transfers and this has become unworkable and unsustainable.
If you can't attend a course, you now have two options:
- Cancel and rebook another course. Terms and conditions apply. Please see Course Booking policy for further information.
- Find someone else to replace you on the course - you will need to sort out the finances between you and the replacement person will then be subject to our terms and conditions.
What if I'm seriously ill, will you give me refund if I don't attend a course that I've booked on?
If you cancel your booking more than 21 days before the course begins, you don't have to produce a medical certificate as proof and you will get a full refund minus the booking/admin fee of £35, which is non-refundable and non-transferable to another course. If you cancel between 21 and 0 days before a course for serious medical reasons, you will get a full refund minus the booking/admin fee of £35 if you show us a medical certificate. If you find someone to replace you on the course you need not lose any money - your replacement can pay you the fee and we will not charge you if you find a replacement. In this case you would not have to show us a medical certificate either. We will not reimburse any traveling expenses - please see your journey transport operator or claim from your travel insurance company.
I can't make the course I've booked because of severe weather, what do I do?
If you suddenly find you cannot travel on the course day, let us know of your absence by calling the main course tutor, Mike Harmon on 07785250473 and then follow up by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
as well. If you cancel because of severe weather before the course day, please e-mail us at email@example.com
If you cancel your booking more than 21 days before the course begins, you will get a full refund minus the booking/admin fee of £35, which is non-refundable and non-transferable to another course. If you cancel between 21 and 0 days before a course for reasons of severe weather making you unable to travel, you will get a full refund minus the booking/admin fee of £35. We may ask for further proof. If you find someone to replace you on the course you need not lose any money - your replacement can pay you the fee (please sort the finances out between you) and we will not charge you if you find a replacement. The person you have found needs to tell us that they are replacing you. We will not reimburse any traveling expenses -please see your journey transport operator or claim from your travel insurance company.
Do you offer any concessions on your Courses?
Yes, we are delighted to offer concessions for our courses if you produce proof of eligibility as follows:
- 15% discount for registered unemployed, full time students and UK pensioners receiving Pension Credit.
- These concessions are in addition to any multi-booking discounts which may apply. Registered unemployed refers to Job Seekers and Income Support receivers only (provided you support your claim with documents that are dated within the last 3 months). If you receive Working Tax Credits, Child Tax Credit, Child Benefit, Carer's Allowance and Housing Benefits you are not eligible for concessionary discounts. Everyone is entitled to multi-booking discounts.
- You must contact Customer Service to make your booking and fax (+44 (0)1309 696911) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your proof of eligibility for a concessionary discount when you register for a course. If you do not provide proof to our offices in Scotland before the course begins we will charge you for the equivalent 15% discount that you received when making payment for your course.
What happens if Aromantic cancels a course that I am booked on?
Aromantic reserve the right to cancel any event reserves the right to cancel or re-arrange course dates, times, and venues of the course if it becomes necessary to do so. Should we cancel the course, you would be notified as soon as possible and you will be given a full refund, including deposit/admin fee. Aromantic will not reimburse you for any traveling/accommodation expenses you may have incurred; we recommend that students who incur high traveling expenses to attend our courses obtain their own travel insurance.
What's included in my course fees?
- All the raw materials, containers and equipment you will need on the day.
- Recipes with instructions.
- The products that you take home that you've made on the day.
- Certificate of Completion. You can earn CPD (Continuous Professional Development) points by completing our courses. We rate each 1-day course as 5 CPD points. Please refer to your own professional membership body/association for further details on points awarded.
- A deposit/admin booking fee of £35, which is non-refundable and non-transferable to another course. It is transferable to another person if you find a replacement yourself though. See Aromantic's Course Policy Document.
- 10% discount plus free UK shipping for the 10 days following your course.
Can you help me find the best route to your London Courses in Fulham?
We suggest you use the excellent Transport for London website, and we also give full travel details in our joining instructions and within the Locations section.
Is there anything I should bring to the course?
Please bring your own pens and a notepad may be handy. Please don't wear any expensive clothing as you will be working with raw materials that can stain or damage them such as oils, fats, colour pigments. Please do not wear stiletto heeled shoes as they are not appropriate for the flooring and they will damage it.