What is it?
Organically grown Arnica flowers steeped (macerated) in Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil with 0.1% Rosemary Antioxidant. This oil is macerated in the UK.
Arnica is the classic herb that is widely used for before and after sports.
Arnica montana or Leopard's Bane is a perennial herb that is indigenous to central Europe and grows in woods and mountain pastures.
It is also native to Siberia and North West of North America. Although it has also been found in England and Southern Scotland, it is probably not indigenous to Britain.
It's shelf life depends on the base oil the Arnica is macerated in. This one has been macerated in High Oleic Sunflower Oil so under the correct storage conditions it should last for 1.5 to 2 years from the point of manufacture.
Cosmetic & Sport Function
• The Arnica plant is recognised for its many beneficial properties. It is an excellent choice for sports related products
. • The Arnica Oil is made from a cold maceration (flowers steeped in oil for some weeks and stirred during the process) of Organic Arnica flowers in Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil. Because the high oleic (between 75-90% an Omega 9) content gives this Sunflower Oil the same properties as Sweet Almond oil, this is a long oil, making it very good for long massage strokes used in whole body massage. It is therefore good for enhancing whole body massage oils and generally any products that need good lubrication properties.
• The High Oleic Sunflower is a more stable oil for all types of macerations. Due to its high content of oleic acid, a similar amount as in Olive Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, it is able to withstand heating and does not go easily rancid. • The base oil is also soft and smooth, promoting skin suppleness and gives a warming feeling to the skin. High in calendulin, carotene, waxes, tannins, phosphorous and vitamins A and C.
• Add Organic Arnica Oil to sports creams, lotions, gels, massage oils, other oil blends, ointments, balms, and compresses.
• It is very good to use before and after sport.
• When used on children, use only up to 5 % in your products.
• In oil compresses use up to 10%.
• In creams for sport use up to 12%.
• In lotions for sport use up to 7%.
• In sport gels use up to 10% (when used all over the body).
• In sport gels use up to 15% (when used for specific affected areas of the body).
• As it is slowly absorbed by the skin you can use up to 20% in massage bars, ointments and balms for sports.
• In sport oil blends use up to 20% (when used for specific areas of the body).
• In sport massage oils for the whole body you can use up to 10%.
• It should not be used continuously without consulting a qualified herbalist. Also, a small number of people may react to it so it is important to always carry out a skin test first.
• Do not use it on open wounds or open sores.
It is for pain in my knee . It does give me relief . Of course one has to apply the oil on the knee and gently massage